Sunday, July 15, 2012

Introduction


Hi 
My name is Clara and I am Assistant Professor at the University of Lisbon, Portugal. My fields of specialization are Twentieth-century Brazilian literature, Comparative Literature and Interart Studies, with a particular interest in the work of João Guimarães Rosa and on issues of representation and materiality in Literature and other arts. In 2009 I finished my PhD in comparative literature and a revised version of the dissertation has just been published by UNICAMP in Brazil. At the centre of Rosa’s work, I argue, is an inquiry into the implications of writing, reflected in the tension between the tradition of oral storytelling and the book as a material object. I am also interested in intermediality issues: at the Center for Comparative Studies of the University of Lisbon, I coordinate an international project on the theoretical implications of the relations between writing and film (“False Movement: Studies in Writing and Film”). Working on thematic figurations of writing in film, I try to read tensions between media as negotiations of specificity  - in this sense informed by the issues that our universal/particular problematic dichotomy may trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment